03 May 2011

LIFE // ex-zombified

Because yes, readers, I have returned from the dead ahem, my break. I'd like to give a nice big round of applause to our guest posters, Ara, Carlotta, and Sally. Thanks girls, you're the best! *clap clap clap*

And whoa, they changed some stuff while I was gone. Namely the image uploader. When did that happen? Weirdness. Next they'll be turning everything hot pink instead of blue. (Ahem, Blogger, wanna do that? Because that would be awesome.)

Anyway. This is just a quick post to say that yes, I am back, and yes, absolutely nothing of importance happened while I was missing in action.

Except I started running/working out again. It's almost summer, you know. I can't hide behind jeans forever (sob). And I really really want to fit into this pair of Dolce & Gabbana pants I found at Goodwill for $5. My thighs, however, resist my efforts to fit. Curse you, legs.

And my mom almost got a concussion on Saturday and almost broke her leg on Sunday. I think it's time she stopped getting out of bed, bad things just happen when she tries to move around. She's also been having issues with her eyes and none of the doctors know why — if you're the praying type I'd appreciate a mention for her. It would be majorly bad if she got majorly hurt, and she resisted my efforts to chain her to an armchair with an audiobook plugged into her ears.

I wrote exactly 570 words on my new book. Pitiful, I know. But I got all the outlining done (for now!) Want to read the first paragraph? (Copyright as always, please.)
    The blonde chick gets murdered first. It’s an unwritten rule of horror films. Think about it: Psycho, Carrie, Scream, House of Wax, Nightmare on Elm Street. That’s why, the summer before sophomore year, I dyed my hair chestnut brown.
Thoughts? I'm not 100% I love it yet. First of all, I've never been blonde, and second, I think it might be too cliché.

Oh: Almost 600 followers? You guys rock! *hugs*

Also, random people from my school have been reading my blog. (Hello, creepers from my school.) That was kind of unexpected. I still don't really know why. It's not that interesting, guys. Truly.

*goes back and reads post*
Wow. That was one fragmented post. I'm sorry. I'm not off my one-foot-in-front-of-the-other-and-think-of-nothing-else mentality from running yet (otherwise I just die by the side of the road, like a squirrel).

Better post soon, I promise. Plus a recipe for lemon cupcakes (nom).

xoxo.

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new book already!! Although I haven't seen any horror movies (thank God) I know the blonde chick always dies first. I love how your character dyed her hair brown. Honestly, I think the paragraph will turn into something spectacular!! You'll have to show us some more sometime!
    Lol, OF COURSE I ramble on about writing.
    I'm so glad you're back :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it shows how absent I've been that I was reading this, tilted my head, and thought, "image uploader? when did they change that?"

    Insert a quick trip over to my dashboard, and lo and behold! they have changed it.

    weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your story so far. I think it is a little cliche, like you said, but in a good way. :) I'd read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm new, but I've been reading your posts for a while. :)

    EPIC story! I'm a writer myself, and right now I'm working on a book called Phoenix Feathers. I must say, I feel the same way about mine that you do. I don't 100% love it (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I mean, wow. Three sentences of your book and I'm hooked ;)

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back, chica! I had a lot of fun guest posting for you during your absence... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't like it when random people I know read my blog and then tell me about it. drives.me.crazy. Anyway, thinking I might need to take a break like you did and write! Glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, when I first started reading that itsy bitsy part from your book I went, "ehh." And when I finished it, I went, "whoa." As in, hey that sounds pretty sweet. :] You should give us some sort of synopsis of what's in your head so far.
    I'll be praying for your mom. I know what that feels like...my mom has had so many health problems over the years, which resulted with her being bedridden for a year and a half recently. It's been tough. And, since you mentioned it, I have to ask--are *you* the "praying type"??
    Anywho, welcome back! =) Glad you're ex-zombified if that's what you looked like before. xP

    ReplyDelete
  9. great story so far! i really enjoyed it!(:

    glad you're back, missed your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your mom!

    That's a really good book idea. It definitely sparked my interest. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your first paragraph!!

    I'll keep your Mom in my prayers, as I am the praying type. ;-P :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your book sounds very interesting! I am curios to hear more! Welcome back to blogging and I will pray for your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, the guest posts were ah-mazing! Glad you had a good-ish break! ;)

    Shut up Olivia, you're like a stick! ;) HeeHee

    ReplyDelete
  14. You mom's in my prayers.

    Did you say LEMON CUPCAKES???
    Please make them look digusting and take horrible photos other wise I might eat the screen.....
    jk,I can't wait to taste........I uh.... mean TRY the recipie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes scary picture!!! Good luck on your book!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am for sure the praying type....actually I was wondering if you could please post about your faith? Honestly, I followed your blog after I read your guest post at got freckles and I was really excited that you were becoming a Christian at the time. You haven't posted anything about your faith on this blog since then....I will pray for your mom. (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. To be honest, I almost jumped off my seat when I saw your "dead me" photo on my computer screen. You still look gorgeous but it's like creepy zombie-ish gorgeous.

    I love the first paragraph of your new book. Could you tell us the title?

    ReplyDelete
  18. whoa. holy ::dead:: face, olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sorry to hear about your mom! I will definitely be keeping her in my prayers.

    And the pic of you - priceless. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! I'm so sorry about your mom. And I'm not so sure about posting about your faith is a good idea {referring to Kiley}... I'm not saying that because I'm an Agnostic, I'm saying it because there will be a lot of mean comments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh!! just from that first paragraph i wanna read your book NOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Hazelnut: I believe I'll call it "Nonresident". That's all for now, though, because I'm not really sure what will come of this story...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to have you back Olivia! I really like the first paragraph of your book! Sounds like an interesting story! :) And congrats on the almost 600 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agreed with all comments above..it sounds like a great story already..and yes cliche in a good way.

    XoXo
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for your Mum.
    A
    nd that paragraph of your booksounds insanely good! Mysterious, creepy. I like it!
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you're back safe and sound and not zombie-fied. The paragraph sounds quite interesting you definitely hooked me in one paragraph.
    Glad you're back!
    Love,
    Tessa Brooke

    ReplyDelete

because comments = ❤

read about