08 March 2011

greasepaint

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with the stage, theatre, or even tech work knows the familiar stench of greasepaint... ahem, face makeup. Today the makeup and hair crew experimented on me and a few other fellow actors for our fast-looming (march24march24march24) production of Antigone. Anyone else reminded of Black Swan? It's supposed to be like a Greek mask, but I can't help thinking "Natalie Portman".

sweaterdress: Abercrombie // tights: American Eagle //                     boots: Lower East Side


(Edited these with my new Photoshop CS5 Extended! Yayayay. So much better than the previous Photoshop — it was just CS, didn't even have a number! — I had on my old computer. Blah. Now I have the whole Creative Suite for CS5... Fireworks, Soundbooth, Flash Builder, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Indesign, even Premiere Pro for movies, and so many more... whoopee! I am an Adobe fan.)


They crimped my hair, too. I'm not sure my hair likes being crimped...


The above photos are only about half the makeup, too. Here's how it looked initially... (bad webcam pic from our little makeup nook in the cafeteria...)

16 comments:

  1. oh how cool! i looooove your photos, so neat!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally reminded of black swan!! and i haven't even seen it. ;) so is this a movie or a play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. greasepaint? interesting name, but i gotta admit it looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!

    That's like, A TON of makeup! Holy smoke! Greasepaint.... yum. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoaaaa. That's a heck of a lot of makeup!! I love theater :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aren't you freezing?! there's so much snow there still, and you're in SHORT SLEEVES!!! i'd be sooooo cold... you're braver then i am :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, that's TONS of makeup! I'm not a huge makeup fan, but it looks kinda cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the last pic!! Wow, you do look like Natalie Portman to me. Great post, I love your hair, too :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool photos! :) The one where you are spinning the umbrella is my fave! I really like your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You look cool! I loveacting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think *anyone's* hair likes being crimped. Lol. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd LOVE to do a photoshoot with that makeup...:) Oops! i meant greasepaint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are awesome pictures! You look so... cool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = ❤

read about